Sunday, November 24, 2013

~ Blackbird café~

Tonight I tried something new, and from a coffee shop I've never been to. I went to Blackbird café here in Topeka Kansas. I've been doing some research seeing what kind of coffee shops are around my town because I tend to go to just a couple in my area on a regular basis. I was surprised to see there are more than I thought. I stumbled upon Blackbird café which is fairly close to where I live and work. It's a cute little coffee shop in a little shopping area. I have personally always loved those kind of stores so I thought I'd check it out. 

The outside of the store was exactly what I imagined. I felt like is was in another town on vacation, which is always a nice feeling for me. The coffee shop has a few sets of chairs and tables on the outside for people to chat with friends and family, have a cup of warm coffee and enjoy the night sky. Although, right now it's a little cold out for that. 


When I went in I was not as impressed. The atmosphere changed for me. I went from thinking the place was adorable to "ugh," if that is a feeling. The place was plain and didn't have a lot of decoration. Also their comfortable chairs are a little outdated. However, I decided to give the place a chance anyway. 


When I went up to the counter I had no clue what to order so I asked the bartista lady what she recommended. She kind of went on a rant of every coffee they have which is not what I was asking but nonetheless she was helpful. After telling me about all the espressos and lattés I ordered a hazelnut latté. I must it was delicious and I was surprised I liked it. 


I'm not a big hazelnut fan. I've always been a person who is scared to try something new but I'm glad I did because I came across something I really like. I will definitely go back to Blackbird café. The bartistas are friendly and the drink was great.  


No comments:

Post a Comment