Friday, November 1, 2013

~Gingerbread Latté~

The holidays are just around the corner and as I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving and Christmas I realize I have not had a real holiday drink and by holiday drink I mean something that tastes like Christmas in a cup. The number one place I know where to get that kind of drink is indeed Starbucks. I know I write about Starbucks a lot but it is my favorite place to get coffee. Right now they have a nice variety of holiday drinks to try. There is the Caramel Brulee Latte, Peppermint Mocha, Eggnog Latte, and the Gingerbread Latte which is the one I will be discussing. 

I have been wanting to try this drink for about a week now. I have seen several of my friends and family post on their social sites about wanting one or how good it is. Someone I follow on Instagram posted a picture with the festive red cup saying, "Baby it's cold outside, but I have my Gingerbread Latte so it's all good." Also one of my friends on Twitter said, "Now I want a Gingerbread Latte. Yummm." All the posts made me finally break downn and get one. 

 It was nice because I had a birthday reward from Starbucks so my drink was free. Let me explain how that works. Starbucks has a reward system. What you do is purchase a gift card and put money on it, then you go to the Starbucks website and register your card. Starbucks explains how it works on the website but if you have any questions you can ask me or your local Starbucks bartista. 

 Starbucks is absolutely crazy this time of year. It seems like everybody in town feels the need to get coffee. Whhen I went this afternoon to get some I had to wait in the drive thru for awhile. I'm guessing you are probably wondering why I didn't go in? Well it was busy inside too. It wouldn't have made a difference. Anyway, when I finally got up to the menu board to order I saw all the wonderful holiday options which made come close to changing my order, but then I thought I should stick with what I was originally going to get. I thought I can always come back and try something else later. 

 Long story short, I loved the Gingerbread Latte and I will get it again. It lives up to the name and reviews I have read. Everyone should try this heavenly holiday drink and get the biggest size. It's incredible and perfect for the holiday season.


No comments:

Post a Comment